Saturday, April 28, 2012

Conservatives? Liberals? It's Moderates You Should Fear!

"Conservatives? Liberals? It's Moderates You Should Fear!"," He isn't for or against anything. He doesn't have a candidate, or oppose a candidate. He is a moderate, but he has this condescending smugness that says he hasn't formed his opinion yet. Ha! No he isn't. I am a Limbaugh listening, Hannity watching, Coulter reading conservatives. I stand for smaller government, a strong national defense, I am pro-life, I love Ronald Reagan, I believe in rugged individualism, and lower taxes. I am in favor of providing some sort of a temporary safety net for people that need a hand up when things are not going well. And agree or disagree with me, I will be consistent. They believe in expanding government social programs, raising taxes on who they call the wealthy, a smaller defense budget, pro-life, legislated racial and gender equality, and providing social services for all at pretty much whatever it takes to do so. Basically, that is my textbook definition of liberals. Now come Moderates. As a group they have no core values. They are unreliable voters who may vote pro-choice or pro-life, for tax increases or against tax increases, for social programs or against social programs. They may flip flop on the same issue repeatedly, but because they are inconsistent and unreliable, they can adopt positions that are basically populist in nature, and not rooted in anything looking like a set of core values. I don't agree with them, but I know where they stand. Both groups have strong, predictable values. I only know how they will on that day and at that time. On one issue they are conservative, but on another they are completely liberal. The recent political events leading up to Romney losing and McCain winning is partly due to voter apathy and because the press figured out they could convince the electorate that McCain was a better candidate to go up against their candidate (ask the NY Times), unfortunately their candidate may lose to Barak Obama, a very charismatic, Kennedy-like Democrat that will lose easliy to McCain. It appears the best laid plans of mice and men (and the press) oft go awr.





Spray Paint Secrets Video Banner



No comments:

Post a Comment