Monday, April 23, 2012

Self-Worth - Your Success Depends on It


"Self-Worth - Your Success Depends on It",

Rainer MartensSelf-Worth: Your Success Depends On It

Even though our society seems to be restrained in discussions about Self-Worth, it needs to be included as part of everybody's success plans and strategies.


And what about our children? The percentage of teenagers who attempt suicide in North America is now at an all-time high.
 Deeply seated within you, it strongly influences your attitudes and the behaviors influencing your success or failure.
 They lack the motivation to participate in life.
 Over 16 years ago (prior to meeting my wife), I was engaged to an individual from Australia.
 Two months later, she contacted me with one of those Dear John phone calls.
 Almost in a full depression, I simply did not eat.
 Following that phone call, I went from being the number one sales performer for our company to the poorest performer-in fewer than 60 days.


Obviously high self-worth creates the opposite results.
 This high self-worth results in a confidence that increases their success.


Recent research supports the fact that our self-worth levels are always fluctuating and being re-established every day.
 Research also supports that experiencing success produces more success and higher self-worth levels.


o They claim more emotional problems.
o They take personal criticism poorly.
o They are more resistant to change.
o They are less depressed.
o They are more persistent.
o They have more personal flexibility.


When I completed a self-worth assessment many years ago, it helped me understand the concept of situational self-worth levels and how my self-worth varied to the extreme, based on the circumstances.
 How could that be?

Self-worth is developed over time within your environment.
 With low self-worth that carried into my adult life, I became critical of myself, until I recognized it for the destructive behavior it is and altered it! That attitude adjustment helped increase my self-worth in essential areas.


I want to mention that in some individuals, low self-worth can be biologically generated.


This was also true for me many years ago when it was discovered that I was hypoglycemic (low blood sugar), even though several doctors had misdiagnosed me as having manic depression.


To get started on this journey, please follow the action steps below.
 Establish your situational self-worth levels by completing a self-worth assessment.
 Identify your self-worth levels in the Self, Family, Peers, Work, and Projected-Self categories.
 If need be, seek help from others or a professional counselor.
 Learn more about who you are; recognize your personal style, values, and needs.
 Develop respect for yourself.
 Forgive yourself.
 Take personal responsibility for your improvement.


HERE IT IS ALL IN ONE NUT SHELL



No comments:

Post a Comment